Same exceptional sound as the SO.3 microphone in an all new universal housing. Housed in a 20mm die cast zinc enclosure with a male XLR termination, the SO.103 is compatible with the typical industry standard XLR cable.The SO.103 Cardioid Microphone is currently the only Primo EM204 based microphone available in a standard 20mm housing!
The SO.103 is a cardioid microphone with incredibly high sensitivity, a rich full-bodied sound, and a high end response characterized by a natural and airy presence. All of this packaged in a small form factor designed to be compatible with all of the Sonorous Objects Standard series accessories. When used in near field scenarios, the SO.103 provides excellent environmental noise rejection allowing you to fully focus on your subject without distraction while hearing every micro nuance and detail presented to you in the process. In further field scenarios, the SO.103 captures beautifully spacious and realistic sound fields. If using outdoors, be sure to have ample wind protection as the SO.103’s mic capsule is highly prone to overloading from excessive wind sounds and plosives. The included foam windscreens help to mitigate wind noise and plosives.
Our favorite applications for the SO.103 are Sound Design & Effects, Foley, and Instrument & Musical Recording. The SO.103 utilizes the admired Primo EM204 capsule, known by recordists and sound designers for its directionality, detail, and its effortlessly natural frequency response.
We’re excited to be able to provide a frequency response graph and response data table that is specific to the unique microphone capsule used in the SO.103
The SO.103 capsule enclosure is fabricated in-house and the SO.103 Microphone assembled by hand in NYC.
*The Primo EM204 capsule has been discontinued by Primo. As a result, only a limited quantity of the SO.103 Cardioid Microphones are available. Once they are gone, they are gone*
(1) SO.103 Microphone
(1) Frequency Response Graph that is specific to the unique microphone capsule that you will receive.
*x2 above quantity amounts when ordering a matched stereo pair.
*x4 above quantity amounts when ordering a matched quad set.
- Exceptionally low self noise
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
-Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Fantastic level of detail and clarity on-axis. High level of performance at rejecting rear sounds.
- Excels in studio and controlled environments. Ideal for Sound Design/Effects, Foley, and Instrument Recording. Performs well in the field with high level of wind protection. The SO.103 is highly sensitive and prone to wind and plosives.
- Can be used individually or as a matched pair. Stereo miking techniques yield spacious and accurate stereo fields.
- Universal form factor. 20mm diameter is compatible with many housings and accessories
- Frequency Response Graph and Data unique to the specific capsule used in the mic that you receive.
-Industry Standard High Quality Components and Parts used. Neutrik Gold Pin Connector
- Fabricated in house by hand in NYC.
Capsule | Primo EM204
Polar Pattern| Cardioid
Frequency Response| 20hz - 20khz. (Spectrograms show extended range)
Signal to Noise Ratio| 78dB
Self Noise | 16dBA
Maximum Input SPL| 125dB
Dynamic Range| 109dB
Sensitivity| -31dB (+/- 3.0dB @ 1kHz) | Stereo Pairs are matched within 0.3dB @ 1kHz
Operating Voltage | 48V Phantom Power (IEC61938 Standard)
Enclosure| Zinc Diecast Metal with Black Chromium Plating & Black PLA Plastic
Physical Dimensions | 52mm Length x 20mm Diameter
Polarity| Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on XLR Pin 2
Operating Temperature Range | -10°C ~ +50°C
Storage Temperature Range | -20°C ~ +70°C
Connection| Three-pin industry standard XLR male connector, Gold Plated