Same exceptional sound as the SO.1 microphone in an all new universal housing! Housed in a 20mm die cast zinc enclosure with a male XLR termination, the SO.101 is compatible with the typical industry standard XLR cable. The SO.101 Omni Microphone is currently the only Primo EM272 based microphone available in a standard 20mm housing!
The SO.101 is an omnidirectional microphone that has incredibly high sensitivity and low self noise packaged in a small form factor. The SO.101 excels at picking up sounds emitted from objects small to large and from close up to far away. We especially like to use the SO.101 on small objects, very close up to hear every micro nuance. Because the SO.101 is omnidirectional, its pickup response is similar to that of the human ear. The SO.101 utilizes Primo's highly regarded EM272 capsule, a favorite among field recordists, sound designers, location sound, and artists working with sound.
We're excited to be able to provide a frequency response graph and response data table that is specific to the unique microphone capsule used in the SO.101
The SO.101 capsule enclosure is fabricated in-house and the SO.101 Microphone assembled by hand in NYC.
(1) SO.101 Microphone
(1) Frequency Response Graph that is specific to the unique microphone capsule that you will receive.
*x2 above quantity amounts when ordering a matched stereo pair.
*x4 above quantity amounts when ordering a matched quad set.
- Exceptional low self noise
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
-Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Universal form factor. 20mm diameter is compatible with many housings and accessories
- Frequency Response Graph and Data unique to the specific capsule used in the mic that you receive
- Industry Standard High Quality Components and Parts used. Neutrik Gold Pin Connector
- Fabricated in house by hand in NYC.
Capsule| Primo EM272
Polar Pattern| Omnidirectional
Frequency Response | 20hz - 20khz. (Spectrograms show extended range)
Signal to Noise Ratio| 80dB
Self Noise | 14dBA
Maximum Input SPL| 122dB
Dynamic Range| 108dB
Sensitivity| -28dB (+/- 3.0dB @ 1kHz) Stereo Pairs are matched within 0.3dB @ 1kHz
Operating Voltage | 48V Phantom Power (IEC61938 Standard)
Enclosure|Zinc Diecast Metal with Black Chromium Plating & Black PLA Plastic
Physical Dimensions | 52mm Length x20mm Diameter
Polarity| Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on XLR Pin 2
Operating Temperature Range | -20°C ~ +60°C
Storage Temperature Range | -40°C ~ +85°C
Connection| Three-pin industry standard XLR male connector, Gold Plated