The SO.2 Microphone is omni directional and captures an incredible amount of detail in a small form factor (only 7.7mm diameter!). We love to record and listen to small, intricate, and delicate sound sources with the SO.2 Microphone. Utilizing the Primo EM258 capsule, the microphone has excellent ultrasonic frequency response and can capture audio well into the ultrasonic range. The SO.2 terminates in a standard XLR male connector and is 48v phantom powered.
We're excited to be able to provide a frequency response graph and response data table that is specific to the unique microphone capsule used in the SO.2.
The SO.2 Microphone is fabricated and assembled in-house by hand in NYC.
(1) SO.2 Microphone
(1) Microphone Clip
(1) Frequency Response Graph that is specific to the unique microphone capsule that you will receive.
*above quantity amounts will be doubled when ordering a matched stereo pair.
- Exceptional low self noise
- Highly detailed
- Wide dynamic range and frequency response for accurate sound reproduction across the audio spectrum
- Excellent ultrasonic frequency response that extends well above 20kHz
-Balanced, transformerless output for increased immunity to noise over long cable runs
- Small Form Factor
- Frequency Response Graph and Data unique to the specific capsule used in the mic that you receive
- Industry Standard High Quality Components and Parts used. Neutrik Gold Pin Connectors, Mogami Shielded Cable
- Fabricated in house by hand in NYC.
Capsule | Primo EM258
Polar Pattern | Omnidirectional
Frequency Response | 20hz - 48khz
Signal to Noise Ratio | 74dB
Self Noise | 20dBA
Maximum Input SPL | 115dB
Dynamic Range | 95dB
Sensitivity | -32dB (+/- 3.0dB @ 1kHz) Stereo Pairs are matched within 0.3dB @ 1kHz
Operating Voltage | 48V Phantom Power (IEC61938 Standard) with XLR Cable option only. 3.5mm connector option operates on typical Plug In Power
Enclosure | Black PLA Plastic
Dimensions | 13mm Length x 7.7mm Diameter
Polarity | Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on XLR Pin 2. XLR Option Only.
Operating Temperature Range | -20°C ~ +60°C
Storage Temperature Range | -40°C ~ +85°C
Cable | Shielded, Mogami, 6 ft terminated with a three-pin industry standard XLR male connector, Gold Plated or Amphenol Mono/Stereo 3.5mm connector
*all recordings made with the SO.2 plugged into a Sound Devices Mix Pre-6 II. They contain no post-processing
*any subsequent modifications to the information above will be recorded on a product by product basis in the Resource Wiki
Be sure to check out our resource wiki for additional information, contents and downloads.